Monday, October 3, 2011

We all float

I made a vow that this summer would be different, I would go to the beach more. I would be in my swimsuit more, I would actually try to make this pale skin of mine turn a color, I would get freckles, I would bury my feet in the sand, I would smell sweetly like coppertone.

I was in my swimsuit twice this summer. (see pictured) both times were very memorable. both times made me happy.

The first was for my birthday, when we rented a mid-century modern house and I locked myself in w/ the greatest friends a person can have and we ate, and swam, floated and sang and schemed. The second, that I will not go into here, just know that it was memorable and still continues to be...

I think I was tricked by LA, as we just finished what is usually the hottest month, a month where I could go to the beach free from the throngs of the Tourist Population (or the TP as we have begun to call them) I am huddled in my hoody drinking tea.

Summer definitely came to an end here this time. A sudden shocking end. It got too cold to wear my swimsuit. And now I'll have to wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment