Friday, October 7, 2011

smartsexyfunnywomendating


My friends have heard my dating stories as of late, the bad ones, the ones that make me laugh hard. And I of course being the great story teller I am, make them laugh along with me. I had a brief stint in online dating, I met some great people doing really cool things, but there wasn't a connection with a lot of them or they didn't have a connection with me. I had a few socially awkward guys, guys who never had girlfriends before I think. I also had some right assholes.

The best email I received was:
"So, you are from the Midwest, I am surprised you are not fat. You're pretty, I have seen better, but yet you have a certain look about you."

The funny thing was that I got that email on Valentine's Day, after work, two hours before I went to see a Mortified reading. I should have gotten up on stage.

The best comment I had on a date was:
"It seems that you have lived a sheltered life, but at least you have good taste in music."

This from a guy from a small town in Colorado where everyone thinks the same. (that were his words, not me being snarky)

My friends say, "you should start a dating blog" and the funny thing is that I already did. I started it with a group of singlesmartsexywomen, and slowly it just wittled down to just me. I know what I think and that being my 3rd blog, I decided to let it go. I also decided that it would be a bit daunting for anyone who dated me. Would they feel pressured by the blog?

So here it is Twominusone

Too bad I never got to share the story of me being offered the leftovers from a romantic dinner an ex had with his new lady. She got the lobster, I got the booty call.

No comments:

Post a Comment