Monday, February 13, 2012

Half a love never appealed to me

Valentine's isn't my favorite.

When I had someone I always spent the 13th, or mistress day as it is known in the restaurant world, with my significant other. I thought it was funny, but maybe that says more about how my significant others thought of me, something temporary with no future. Men never marry their mistresses, except maybe that Carla Bruni situation and my uncle.

Valentine's was a day I spent with the ladies, always.  Sometimes out of spite, but mainly because there was no pressure for a day to mean more than it needed to.

Last year around this time I posted on another blog my favorite love songs and anti-love songs. Here they are as they stand this year.

The love song is still the same, but I still love it this year. Because maybe I want someone to find me that awesome and not just temporarily.
I notice that there so many more anti-love songs out there in the world. I love the chorus of Adele's "Someone like you", but I chose instead this song by the Kills because it just kind of fits: Well this blog post took a dramatic turn. Happy Valentine's to all you people who love and have hearts so big that are waiting to love.

xoxo-k

No comments:

Post a Comment