Monday, January 30, 2012

3xs

A quiet Friday afternoon I see Crosscurrents at the Getty for the third time, almost no one is there and I am free to see my reflection in all the polychrome/resin sculptures. Watch a triptych video of Southern California in its entirety


The Pompeii of tomorrow is the world

There isn't a bench there so I wonder if it is meant to be seen all the way through.

I remember at this point in visit number 2 there was this asshole who shushed a guard for asking him to get off his cell phone. He did a talk to the hand movement that was comical and infuriating at the same time. (People who talk on cell phones in galleries deserve to be hit, I think)

I rush through assemblage and stare at Blue Planet, lost there in a good way for a minute. I think about buying the postcard but the colors faded don't do the painting justice. So I sit there trying to imprint it on my brain, that is until an amazing sunset pushes it out of my head.

Crosscurrents closes on February 5th,

No comments:

Post a Comment