Thursday, May 5, 2011

spectator sport

The area I live in is basically apartments and then apartments and more apartments. There are probably more people living in the 5 square block area than in my hometown. (population 2,645) We are all young and single and not from around here.

Lately on Sundays I have taken to getting up early, sipping my coffee and going outside to watch my new favorite spectator sport I like to call "The Synchronized Walk of Shame"

at 10:32 a.m.
they come out of buildings simultaneously
couples
staggered
guy with girl, guy with guy,
one of the pair ruffled, hair pulled up and back, make up a little farther down the face.
One of them a little too dressed for the night the other comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt.
awkward goodbyes
"I had fun last night"
"me too"
"sorry but I used some of your toothpaste"
"I'll call you"

and turn and reach and open car door and wave

No comments:

Post a Comment