Friday, May 27, 2011

22-Quack Quack



What are we playing? BINGO! How are we playing it? LOUDLY!

I need to start promoting this event early so that all of you can mark a Tuesday around this time next year to attend Bingo for Choice. After I attended last year I was hooked at first "clickety click-66" and I think you will be too. You leave happy, hoarse, tipsy and having contributed to providing pre-cancer screening to low income Angelenas.

This event is held in a local bar (busby's last year, J lounge this) and is called by the Fabulous Bel Air (who along with her partner in crime has raised thousands for charity.) This is not traditional bingo and I would suggest leaving the kiddies or prudes at home. Actually bring the prudes, having them mark out a penis in bingo ink might make them loosen up a bit. There are strange calls, non traditional shapes one must make to win, but there is only one rule.

Just never, never call out a false bingo or feel the paddle.

I guess the second one being, be loud.

In the end I won, but someone else did too. I grabbed into the bag of balls and came up short (story of my life) As they chanted for me to dig into the "bag of crap" I pulled out some diving toys, which turns out not to be so crappy because next weekend I will be in a pool for 72 hours until my fingers have wrinkles. I don't know what I would have done with a golf package for 4 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment