Saturday, May 14, 2011

omnipresent

These are the weekends where my school girl crush on LA grows. Weekends where there is so much to do that you become dizzy with all the possibilities.

Cinespia- My favorite summer thing starts tonight with an homage to Liz Taylor with the film "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". Bring a blanket a bottle of wine gather your closest friends and watch a film with Rudolf Valentino's headstone and some strange likenesses of some deceased Armenians.

LACMA is showing "Days of Heaven" tonight. Which will be the first time on the big screen for me since it came out when I was 3. (rhyming not intended)

You could always see "Art in the Streets" and go to Wurstkuche like everyone else. Because sausage & graffiti goes so well together.

Sunday is "Taste of the East Side" at Barnsdall park. Which will be an amazing mass of local restaurants. Should I eat ground beef and pickle tacos, Bun Thit Nuong, Forage's Jidori chicken, try Little Dom's for the first time? Good thing it starts at 1 so I can fast until then.

And sunday hotel cafe be there or be square.

I'll probably do a couple of these things and then go and have French bartenders chat me up and somehow convince me that buying an $18 glass of wine is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment