Tuesday, June 7, 2011

bus blog-tonight i'm going to party like it's 1899

She gets on the 20 hair long, white, crimped and matted like a poodle. A little ziggy stardust. She wears a brocade jacket and pirate shirt a la Prince during his revolution days. In fact that is what she looks like "the Piratetess of the MTA"

She is carrying a box that says Med-Ex. The bus driver mumbles something after her and she doesn't turn but holds up her hand to dismiss him.

"I don't have it." She barks.

I can only assume that she means the fare, but I realize later that it could be her shoes ... or maybe her right eye which looks hollow and crudely covered up by small butterfly bandages. Maybe she lost her patch somewhere.

She stands next to the seat one bare foot up, next to the box of MedEx. I am not sure, but what I can see from my seat is that she proceeds to rub lotion onto her feet until I get off the bus.

be careful where you sit.

1 comment: