Friday, September 10, 2010

you know this much is true

Sorry, I couldn't resist. What I had wanted to say is that... It is true, you can't go home again, but the 80's called, and I answered.

Kitty Cattaraugus' Things that aren't there anymore:

The Uptown Bar- The dinner that helped launch bands like the Replacements, Soul Asylum and with employees that inspired songs by Golden Smog is now the United State's largest Apple Store and a Columbia brand clothing store. I couldn't even take a picture. It made me too sad.


Let it Be Records- I think that this closed as I was leaving town. Let it Be was one of the best record stores in Minneapolis. Rare, out of print, re-releases, underground, it never really pandered to what was trendy and playing on the radio. I bought a lot of great stuff there that is still in my rotation.

And now it is nothing.

Sad to have something go away and have nothing in its place.

Well, that is enough of the depressing updates of Minneapolis. Back to my love affair with Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment