Friday, September 17, 2010

A thing of "pure beauty"

You totally missed it, it was fantastic and instead you found other things to do.

I should have marketed the hell out of the John Baldessari show since he is one of my favs, but I didn't. I love his tongue and cheek, art is not serious style. But hey, LACMA could have done a much better job at showing his brilliance. "simone kissing a palm tree" probably wasn't the best choice for drawing people in, except if you like 1970s pretty girls in unflattering white pants. I brought a potential suitor to LACMA to see it and he said..

" I am glad you know something about this show, because that is the most unappealing advertising ever"

Which I agree.

What I like about Baldessari is that secretly he has inspired me. From the compositions of photos that I don't know why I like that I take, from my laughter at modern art that takes itself just a little too seriously and I also really like pointing.

But I guess this is all moot because you missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment