Friday, May 28, 2010

LA on the cheap-volume 1

Sometimes LA is about finding unique experiences, I don't think you can find a more unique experience than seeing an event at Machine Project on Sunset and Alvarado. It is a creative and interactive gallery space that has performance art, installations, music, poetry readings and I hear that they once turned the space into a living forest.

Events are Freee!, but it would be nice if you donated something. They have a vacuum tube donation machine, that is fun to watch if it isn't dark.

From there you can ruminate about your experience three blocks away at El Prado, which I think is one of the cheapest places I have seen to get a glass of wine or crazy named beer since I moved here. No wine was over $8 and no beer over $7. It is all up to you how lushy you want to get, or not lushy at all, by choosing chocolate dipped strawberries ($6) or anything off of their ever changing menu.

My Malbec was $6

Take a date have a night of it and it is even conveniently located on the 2/302 line.

Total evening can cost you $7.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment