Monday, May 17, 2010

Found


Last weekend after a Q & A for Scott Caan's movie Mercy (a great LA story in the vein of Woody Allen's early New York Films) I know this makes me sound fancy and snobby, but Q & As are very common here, it wasn't like I was invited to a special screening or anything, just lucky.

This is not why I have written this post, but as a writer I must provide exposition.

I am writing this post because on my way to the Sunset 5 I saw something that made me happy, imprinted on the window of a restaurant, my new two favorite words, "gluten free."

Funny how two words can change your outlook on life. Sometimes I feel like when I say that I am gluten free, I feel like people look at me like I am trying to be difficult or special or Sally in "When Harry Met Sally" It was nice to not have to think about it. Thank you Pizza Fusion .

It has been a year and a half since I have had pizza and a beer. I was happy to finally try Green's Amber, a little solace to a girl who misses New Castle and Old Peculiar. Sometimes GF beer can just be so watery.

The pizza was fantastic and didn't taste like pizza toppings on a sope crust, like Deano's. PF's crust was thin, crackery, my favorite. My other gluten free friend and I shared the BBQ chicken, coated in BBQ sauce, not bbq spiced chicken in a strange chemical way like I remember CPK being and the Founders, chicken gorgonzola and olives. I guess they have added gluten free personal sizes to their repertoire, a common complaint among early visitors.

It is possible to be gluten free and vegan there too, which I am sure is extremely difficult. Also, it looks like Pizza Fusion has great politics, which I admire in a restaurant. I would really be happy if it stayed open. (hint, hint)

If you are looking for gluten free blog that talks gluten free in LA go to < href="http://www.glutenfreeways.com/"> glutenfreeways.com It seems like they really like a place in Manhattan. (Which is a bit of a schlep)

I am hardly a resource for things gluten free, but will blog about it from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment