Saturday, February 20, 2010

Something topical

I never thought the day would come that I would be snagged for jury duty. I do not have a CA drivers license, I tried not to register to vote until I had to, I have moved a lot, but alas, they found me.

I was told that serving on a jury was a privilege and that was the first thing I thought when I saw the summons in my mailbox. If you could translate a bout of expletives into words, I am sure what I said would be something like this:

"How wonderful to be able to do my duty as a citizen, what a privilege."

I sat in a room for seven hours in hopes of fulfilling my citizen destiny. And why, why do they always have to show a video? You know what I am talking about, "The Judicial System and You" my favorite part was when they interviewed a previous juror and she said:

"You know it was a great experience meeting people and spending such a large amount of time with them. You meet some really great people. In fact we still keep in touch to this day"

I never knew that serving on a jury was a form of social networking, did you?

The highlights of my day were:
Sitting in the jury assembly room with the Director/writer/actor/producer Kevin Smith
Going to MOCA on Grand and looking at the exhibit of their permanent collection, which is very photo heavy, which I like.

I am off the hook for another year, hopefully more.

On another note. I don't think Mr. Smith was so large that he needed to be kicked off his Southwest flight. And they do not call Southwest -Southworst without a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment