Sunday, February 7, 2010

City Pages vs. LA Weekly


There are a lot of differences between L.A. and Minneapolis. One of the most telling differences between them is located inside their free reading material. When I lived in Minneapolis my social activity centered around the City Pages. A free weekly newspaper very similar to the LA Weekly and New York's Village Voice. The City Pages was always full of great things to do including seeing local bands (God, I miss the local music scene) art crawls and my favorite find Atari Party. Every Atari game, living room set up kegs and local bands in an artist loft from 10:PM to dawn. (This blogs makes me sound like I am addicted to atari, but I am not, I just like music.)

I thought that I would have similar luck in finding things to do with the LA Weekly, but unfortunately the majority of what I can find there is where I can get breast augmentation, reduction, botox, chemical peels, rhinoplasty, tanned, buffed, extensions, color contacts and other places to change the way I look.

Because how I look just isn't good enough right?

I feel like here they are letting you know about the great things to do in this town but if you want to go, you better at least get a chemical peel before you go.

I much prefer the Minneapolis come as you are attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment