Thursday, June 28, 2012

RB


Ray Bradbury was my great-gradmother Kitty's cousin, which made him related to me somehow, 3rd cousin, cousin twice removed. We were both born in "Green Town" we both thought libraries were world openers. I also know that he missed his wife and I hope that they found each other in the whatever's next.

I know he knew I was a writer. The autograph pictured was to me for my first year of an arts based high school I was accepted to for writing. This autograph is in "Green Shadows, White Whale" which is the story of him writing the screenplay for Moby Dick, directed by John Huston.

Unfortunately, that is all we knew about each other, that we were both writers.

Here is a great letter from him, in the fantastic blog Letters of Note, about the importance of libraries.  It reveals something very interesting about writing Fahrenheit  451.

click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment