Monday, May 21, 2012

Bus Blog-When there isn't mace you can always use exclamation

I am spending more time east, taking the train up to Sunset and Vermont or to Pershing station. If I remember correctly I was on my way to see the Ukulele Orchestra of the Western Hemisphere (UOWH) play at El Cid.

Cast of characters:
You may remember a bus blog a year or so back on how LA welcomed me back into her crazy arms by a woman who speaks in tongues, but sometimes in Nahau, and told me to “never give up”  I want to let you know that she was there this evening that I can’t remember when I took place, but think it was to see some ukulele music. She will hence to be called Woman 1

Woman 2: Someone I hadn't seen before, a worse for wear lady of the night, with painted on red shiny jeans a tank top both on her frame and in her hair.

Scene:
I go down the down escalator, walk across the platform and land myself in the middle of a bum fight. I recognize speaking in tongues lady by the way she says devil. A long drawn out way like a Coupe DeVille.

"DeVille, you are the DeVille" She screams at the second woman.

I walked into the middle of it, I am sure it went on for a while, and Woman 2 was at her limited of being name called. Woman 1 moves to another bench where she can continue her rant at a cowardly distance. The distance isn't far enough because Woman 2 waltzes over as fast as her constrained legs will take her and releases an onslaught of cheap perfume at Woman 1almost completely missing her and landing square in the eye of a man innocently reading a book. He is calm, says nothing, but begins to pace, tears stream down his red and freckled face. Instead of Woman 1 apologizing to him for getting him in the middle of this altercation she follows his pacing going on and on about how the other woman was a DeVille and how he should now be on her side.

One should be able to ride the bus, without getting a shot of exclamation in the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment