Sunday, September 11, 2011

303

I am working on not living out of boxes, in my tiny studio in Koreatown. I wonder when I will stop having the lines of the Neko Case's song "In California" stuck in my head.

"Now I am living in Koreatown, waking to the sound of car alarms"

(as I write this she is probably prepping for her show at the Hollywood Bowl tonight.)

I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to live alone. I sing a lot more and have a lot of solo punk rock dance parties. Which I feel were both missing from my life before.

I live in a 1920's old residence hotel and it is nice to think that maybe some aspiring someone lived in this room and at night would head over to the Ambassador's Coconut Grove to get discovered, like Norma Jean. This is Los Angeles old school. The Los Angeles, I would have rather lived in, but I will take this LA instead. Maybe all this nostalgia of what once was is my impetus for reading a biography of Greta Garbo.

People in this space are still aspiring, I hear people reading their sides at night and prepare auditions for the Voice, by the way I don't think she will make it.

So here I am navigating a new area of LA again and documenting it for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment