Saturday, January 8, 2011

pavlov's dog

I will make you salivate with pictures.

In my last post I mentioned our New Year's Eve 8 (or 9) course meal. I think I teased you a little bit and made it all about the music. Which I tend to do. I won't lead you on any longer. The following is our foodie adventure leading us to the end of 2010. It couldn't have ended any better.

Prix Fixe

1
Margerita jello shots w/ glistening sea salt




2
Cod and fontina croquettes with red pepper aioli
paired with Paco & Lola Albarino



3
Endive salad with blue cheese, pears and candied walnuts
paired w/ Sauvingnon blanc



4

Galatine w/ Apricot ginger sauce
paired w/ (I think at this point I stopped remembering so well, but I am thinking Pinot)



Intermission in which selections of Pamela August Russel's "B is for Bad Poetry" were read aloud


5
Brisket stuffed ravioli with Chicken Liver Sauce
paired w/ Chianti I think because I vaguely remember thinking something about hannibal lecter




Cocktail hour: French 75s

6
sweet potato latkes, braised pork belly, napa cabbage slaw, apples, cider pork jelly
paired w/ beer



7
Queso Manchego w/ Quince Jelly
paired w/ grenache

(aka my sorry sorry attempt at cooking)



8
The best bread pudding I have ever had in my fucking life
paired w/ ?



Happy 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment