Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not even


I would not wish looking for a roommate in Los Angeles on my worst enemy. Actually that did happen and I am afraid that he probably had more luck than I have had. I digress.

This search has been one of the most frustrating of my life. Writing to people who never write back, scams, taking days off of work to be stood up, people who think you are crazy for wanting them to sign a lease and people who want to get around pet deposits. I also had a sneaking suspicion that this one woman was pretending to be a different girl with the same name in case I googled her. And I did and she so wasn't.

This has become my part time job for three weeks and I really quite frankly want to quit, it doesn't pay well. I really just want my life back.

I am wondering if anyone is falling for the scam out right now you will get an email from someone in the worst grammatical English with tons of spelling errors from a girl who is looking for a place in LA but cannot come to see the place because her uncle/benefactor is sick. She is a good person and you know that because she is a high school teacher and her uncle said there are plenty of jobs in Los Angeles. 1) teachers are being laid off at staggering rates here and 2) you can't spell and English is supposed to be your first language

Meet Lee Smith from Ireland. I kindly said no and good luck with your search.

Then later the fun loving, yoga, beach bunny with a dog ended up being from Europe, with a sick uncle/benefactor, with horrible English who you know is a good person because she was a nurse with the Red Cross in Paris.

Meet Julia from France. I asked if she by chance knew Lee from Ireland and I wrote in equally broke French. "Good luck with your story"

I should have asked if she knew the exiled prince of Nigeria, but I only thought of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment