Sunday, August 26, 2012

bus blog-and then he passed me a mickey

The busses have been crowded lately.  I never knew why metro cuts their bus services in the summer in the height of tourist season with tourists who come from places that have much better public transportation than LA.  I have been riding lately standing up, arm being slowly pulled from its socket day by day, being spooned by my fellow community members just so we can all get to work at a somewhat reasonable time.

I guess we all have our different ways of coping, mine is to not have coffee until i get to work, so all that intimate closeness with other people is a deamlike blur. At 10:am when I am finally awake, I think to myself, why do I smell like cheap cologne?

The 20 something year old kid, he honestly looked 15,  next to me had a different take on how to deal with metro riding. That was sipping a big can of Tecate out of a Thank You, Thank You, Thank you bag, during his ride. When he picked up his phone to answer a call, his screen saver was two Mickey's tall boys nestled together on a counter.

Something tells me that more than metro riding has got him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment