Wednesday, March 10, 2010

two museums two days

This is what you see when you lay down in my childhood room in Northern Minnesota. Winter time was always my favorite to lay and bed and watch these branches break up the sky. I had forgotten I had taken this picture to gaze at when I get homesick until I went to the Luisa Lambri exhibit at the Hammer Museum.

These pictures remind me of home.

This was my first Hammer visit and due to impending weather, I pretty much had the place to myself.

Day 2:
Pouring rain and the last hour of viewing, or rather 45 minutes because the want you out early. I only had the chance to appreciate the swirling loopy rusted metal sculpture in the ground floor of BCAM. Its labyrinth reminds me of a futuristic sci-fy movie, like Logan's Run. The Art of the Pacific (Even back then men felt that they were better endowed than they actually were) and the German Impressionists, who I feel have more daring senses of color than their French counterparts.

I need to go back and see the Renoir and American Stories exhibits, but at a steep $20 a pop, I needed much more than 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment