Wednesday, January 20, 2010

missing, if found email

Even though I have lived in LA for 4 years there are still things that I miss about MPLS. These are the things I am still longing to find here. Some of these are natural occurrences, so I won't have a lot of luck, with the exception of this week and maybe next.

(these are not in an order in which my heart aches for them)

The Chatterbox Pub- a bar where you can raid the game closet, sit on the couch and play atari and pretend you are hanging in a basement with your closest friends. (I guess there probably aren't basements here either)

A local music scene- A lot of Minneapolis music has become global. Congrats guys!

5 Spice Calamari from Rainbow Chinese- Tammy you are a genius. I wish I had a plate of that heaven now.

Walking the Minneapolis chain of lakes - I miss the change in seasons. I miss the spring when people would throw off their parkas in wild abandon to reveal arms, legs and the occasional belly button and walk around the lakes. I missed when Cedar Lake had Hidden Beach. For those of you who lived there then, you know what I am talking about.

Coffee houses-I miss mom and pop coffee shops that I can sit and read or write for hours without someone giving me the evil eye after twenty minutes or roll their eyes at me if you didn't order my coffee as a Vente, tall or grande.

Blueberry rhubarb pie from Turtle Bread Company- This is what being in love tastes like.

Lightning and hot rain

Aurora Borealis indescribable really.

If you have a recommendation on where I can find some of these things in LA please email me at kcattaraugus at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment